Based in Lyon, France
PC / Mac
DescriptionGraal Seeker is a 2D game that blends RPG with roguelike mechanics and real-time tactical battles. It recreates the initiatory journey of a knight seeking the Holy Grail in fifth century Britain. In Graal Seeker, you must complete three phases one after the other until you find the Graal or die.
- The exploration phase allows you to choose where to go in a procedurally generated map. Would you rather tread a long, calm road or take a shortcut and face potential obstacles?
- Different events happen according to your location (such as castle, village, and forest) and your previous choices. Will the local lord welcome you? If not, how will you react?
- And finally, battles will bring fast combat in real-time with a tactical dimension. But be careful not to die, because there is permadeath!
HistoryThe Grail, object of myths and mysteries, can take several forms depending on the traditions, a chalice, a cauldron, or even an emerald, and is coveted by all for its magical powers. But what is it really? In Graal Seeker, you are an adventurer from the fifth century seeking this relic for fame, fortune, or faith. You can also join Arthur's court in his fight against the Saxons and spread justice throughout the land. But is the recent Saxon invasion related to the presence of the Holy Graal on British soil, or is it merely an excuse for territorial conquest? From celtic origins to the christian's or esoteric texts, the quest for the Grail is a true initiatory and introspective quest matching with the whole player's game experience. So, it is the player who makes the story!
- Unique stories inspired by the Matter of Britain.
- Find Your Graal based on the choices you make.
- Narrative game inspired by the Choose Your Own Adventure book.
- Turn-based tactical battles.
- Procedurally generated events and maps.
- Permadeath and persistent world.
- Moddability. Create and share your own stories.
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Graal Seeker. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
Graal Seeker has not received any awards or recognitions yet. Please check back later to see if things change.
- "Lugludum is setting Graal Seeker up to let players write their own epic quests to find the Holy Graal."
- Lena Leray, indiegames.com
Lugludum is an indie video game studio based in Lyon (Fr). We are passionate game makers.
More information on Lugludum, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Graal Seeker Credits
Business, Development & Game Design, Lugludum